When a debtor goes missing and evades all attempts at contact, an Advance Debt Collection skip trace is the next step in the debt collection process.
An Advance Debt Collection skip trace involves finding information on the debtor’s current whereabouts through online database searches, social media searches, and other investigation techniques.
No matter the reason for their disappearance, Advance Debt Collection skip tracing helps ensure that those responsible for their obligations cannot avoid the consequences indefinitely.
As a result, it is an important aspect of any successful debt collection strategy.
In this article our skip tracing team provide an insight into the Advance Debt Collection skip tracing service.
Benefits of an Advance Debt Collection Skip Trace
The skip tracer is able to discover up-to-date contact information for these people utilising skip tracing techniques, which can save time and resources.
By validating an individual's identification before doing business with them, skip tracing can also assist avoid fraudulent activities.
Overall, the advantages of skip tracing include saving time, lowering expenses, and increasing the success rate of discovering difficult-to-find persons.
Skip tracing for debt collection also allows a person to:
- Get the information you need to collect your debts;
- Open up communication with debtors who have gone silent;
- Cost-effective & efficient way to get the personal information on your debtor.
What Information do I need for an Advance Debt Collection Skip Trace?
To commence a skip trace, obviously the more information you can provide the better.
If you are only able to provide a full name, this is ok, however bear in mind that if multiple results are located under this name, without further information, it makes it difficult for us to narrow down the results.
Ideally, the following information would be preferable:
- Full name (including any middle names);
- Date of birth;
- Previous address;
- Landline or mobile number;
- Photograph or link to social media;
- Any ABN of the person as a sole trader or business person;
- Email addresses; and
- Any known relatives or acquaintances.
In the Advance Debt Collection skip tracing procedure, providing information on the debtor's employment, banking details, and any past residences can also be beneficial.
Furthermore, if you know anything about the debtor's routines, hobbies, or interests, this information might help the skip tracer design a strategy for finding the individual.
The more information you can supply, the more probable the skip tracer will find the missing debtor.
What Database and Search Functions are Utilised?
There are a number of databases and search functions used at Advance Debt Collection, including (but not limited to):
- Google – is an internet search engine, it’s designed to collect information on the topic you select, therefore a lot of information can be obtained just by searching a name;
- Facebook (photos, location, employment) – is a social media platform used to connect with people or businesses online;
- Instagram (photos, location, employment) – is a social media platform used to connect with people or businesses and share photos and videos;
- Twitter (photos, location, employment) - is a social media platform used to connect with people or businesses;
- LinkedIn (employment, businesses) – is a social media platform tailored around employment and business networking;
- White Pages (phone number, address) – is a telephone directory;
- Yellow Pages (phone number, address, email address, website) – is a telephone directory for businesses;
- ABN Lookup (business name, address) – is the Australian Business Register providing information on registered businesses such as an ABN (Australia Business Number), business location, and when there business name was registered;
- ASIC Connect (company name, address) – is the Australian Securities Investment Commission which provides information on companies such as an ACN (Australian Company Number) registration date, location of the registered office and current status;
- Veda eTrace (address, phone number, date of birth) – is a “people searching system” used to locate contact information on people, previous and current;
- TICA (license number, address, date of birth, phone number, area looking to rent) is an Australian tenancy database that contains data in relation to the rental history of tenants;
- National Electoral Roll (Name, current address) – this provides a complete list of full names and addresses of all recorded voters;
- Title Search (property owned) – is conducted to confirm the registered owner/owners of a property;
- Property Enquiry (property owned) -is conducted to obtained address details, dealings listed on properties and images;
- NPII - (bankrupt or not) – is National Personal Insolvency Index which provides information on individuals who are subject to bankruptcy proceedings;
- Litigation Browse (pending or past court cases) – provides all legal cases an individual or company is a party too;
- Organisation Name Extract (Company registered office and principal place of business, director, director’s address and date of birth) – provides current and historical information about a company and contact information;
- Personal Name Browse – (director of any companies) – is conducted to confirm if an individual is the director of any companies;
- Person locator search (address) – is conducted to confirm an address of an individual;
- QBCC License Search (address, phone number) is conducted to confirm if a tradesperson is licensed;
- PPSR Search (property owned) – is conducted to confirm any property owned by an individual or company such as a vehicle or boat.
- Qld Magistrates Court – (to confirm if party to a court case) - eCourts party search to confirm if an individual or company is a party to an action.
What are the Cost of an Advance Debt Collection Skip Trace?
We offer a couple of different pricing options:
- Basic skip trace (relatively easy to locate upon conducting a couple of searches) $150.00 + GST + Searches
- Detailed skip trace (difficult to locate, with extensive investigations required) $300.00 + GST + Searches
What are the Search Costs
The cost we charge for searches is based on each individual service provider’s cost schedule.
Providers we utilize include InfoTrack, Citec Confirm, Veda eTrace and TICA.
We charge you the same cost we are charged.
Advance Debt Collection Skip Trace Results
We cannot guarantee that every individual will be found as unfortunately some do not want to be found and are experts at flying under the radar.
How successful we are in locating an individual very much depends on the information we are provided, for example having information such as a middle name and a date of birth will help us to narrow down results if the name is common and there are multiple listings under a particular name.
We will however do our absolute best to locate the information you require.
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about the Advance Debt Collection skip trace!
Advance debt collection is an Australia-wide commercial debt collection agency and credit and accounts receivable management. We can recovery your debts, conduct skip tracing, and manage your accounts receivable. We collect your debts for commission only. This means no collection, no commission. We are professional debt collectors with combined 20 years of experience to help you collect your debts. We are partnered with expert litigation lawyers with years of experience in debt recovery, enforcement, and insolvency. Under the Agents Financial Administration Act 2014 Advance Debt Collection Pty Ltd hold authority number 4583821 to act as a debt collector. ADC Advance Debt Collection® is a registered trademark.